On this one, we decided to take a few hints from the 60's icons and put a new
twist on it. Keep it simple. But still give it that creamy OD sound that made
those icons the classics that they are today. And add a few modern upgrades
such as a Master Volume and Triode/Pentode switching. Then, we figured out how
to keep the weight down to a portable 18 lbs as well.
The Tone 'O Matic 3000. With a name that harkens back to the 60's lineage it
pays homage to.
Shown to the left, configured as a 50 watt, head.
The Tone 'O Matic 3000 has several great features that take it to the head of its price class:
- Hand wired eyelet board construction
- 2 Parallel 12AX7 Based Preamp stages
- 12AX7 based phase inverter
- Master volume
- Switchable output impedance (4/8/16 ohms)
- Triode/Pentode switching
- Signature offset handle positioning for proper weight distribution
- Weighs about 18 Pounds as a 50 watt head.
All our amps feature eyelet board construction on Military grade glass epoxy
boards (Garolite G10/FR-4). We also use the highest quality teflon coated wire,
film resistors, and audio grade caps. As for our cabinetry, it's all handmade, dovetail jointed and out of Poplar or Pine. Of course, as with the rest of our amps, more exotic woods are available.